Who We Are
Story of The Home of Christ Church
The Home of Christ Church was founded by Bishop Shih-Yuan Kou on January 23, 1969, in Taipei, Taiwan, based on the vision that “the church is the household (‘home’) of the living God and the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). Focused on the teaching of the Word of God and the fellowshipping of believers, the Home of Christ church prospered. On April 23, 1978, the church’s expansion reached North America with the founding of our church, “The First Home of Christ.”
Since that time, six additional churches have been established in the Bay Area: in San Francisco, Fremont, Saratoga, Cupertino, Newark and Morgan Hill. Other churches were also planted in Southern California, in the cities of Santa Clarita and Los Angeles. The First Home of Christ started out as a group of people gathering for Bible study and prayer. Since that time, our church has grown in size and maturity complete with its own by-laws, board of elders, pastoral staff, and deacons. In 1992, we acquired and moved to our current location in Menlo Park with God’s blessing. As we continued to grow, we added two Chinese worship services and an English worship service that is also more contemporary in style. To this end, our church also completed a major renovation of the existing buildings and facilities in 2006 where we built a new social worship hall, a new education building, and also a well-equipped children’s nursery for our families. Our beliefs, lifestyle and service are based on Biblical teachings and in accordance with the Apostle’s Creed. Our belief is to love and support one another in serving our Lord. Our lifestyle and service is focused on spreading the Gospel and growing God’s kingdom in our local community.
Our Statement of Beliefs
1. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God. He is the ruler and the creator of the heavens and the earth (2 Cor 13:14; Gen 1:1).
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross, was resurrected to life after three days, ascended into heaven, and according to the will of the Father will come again. He is the only mediator between man and God, the only Savior for the world, and the head of the Church (Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 1 Pet 1:3-5).
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Counselor sent by God, to convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness, to work and indwell in the hearts of the believers forever, and to guide them into all truth (Titus 3:5; John 14:16; 16:12-13).
4. We believe that all sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God through the Holy Spirit. It is the ultimate measure for faith and Christian life. It is inerrant and trustworthy (2 Tim 3:16-17).
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God. Through the fall of Adam, sin entered into the world and mankind has fallen. By faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone can man find forgiveness of sins and receive eternal life. Salvation is given by grace and is received through faith, not by one’s own works (Rom 3:22-23; Eph 2:1-3, 8-10).
6. We believe that those who put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will be resurrected bodily unto eternal life, and those who refuse to believe to eternal damnation (John 5:29).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the church and that the church is Christ’s body and the household of the eternal God. The church is also the place of worship and fellowship for those who have been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:23; 2:18-19; 1 Tim 3:15).
8. We follow the principles of the Bible in defining marriage as a union between one man and one woman, one husband and one wife (Gen 2:20-25; Matt 19:4-5; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:31).
9. We recognize, according to the Bible, proper physical relations between a husband and a wife as the only appropriate sexual relations (Lev 18:22; 20:13; Rom 1:26-27; 1 Cor 6:9).
Meet Our Team
(650) 323-5550 x 234
(650) 323-5550 x 233
(650) 323-5550 x 224
(650) 323-5550 x 234
(650) 323-5550 x 225
(650) 323-5550 x 222
(650) 323-5550 x 104
(650) 323-5550 x 102
(650) 323-5550 x 103
(650) 323-5550 x 105
(650) 323-5550 x 101